My house is a disaster. As of Monday, it is making me crazy. The food crumbs in the living room, the hair on the bathroom floor, the overflowing laundry in the kids' bathroom. And, my mom is coming to visit on Saturday. Here's where I get to take a deep breath and remind myself that the housekeepers are coming tomorrow. I think you know you've made it in the world when you can afford to have someone else clean the corners. It's such a wonderful luxury. Carter commented the other day that he liked it that I don't get so frantic before my mom's visits anymore. Well, I have the housekeepers to thank for that. I don't have to vacuum, mop, and scrub. I do have to do the laundry. I'm not completely spoiled.
Though that reminds me that I'm running out of white socks because I've exercised so many times this week. Yep, I've exercised every day this week so far. OK, it's only Wednesday, but still, that's something. I even fit into my "test skirt." It hugs every curve, but it's silk, so it looks good hugging every curve. Yea for me. Now, I've just got to stick with that project and get moving on the other one: remember--simplify and organize. Jillian has volunteered to get me organized. This is a woman who is remodeling a new house and moving to a new city in like, I don't know, five weeks or something. OK, crazy person. I wish I had half her energy!
Well, on to the business of the day: drink caffeine, work my way down the to do list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Organization tip:laundry
OK- so I do laundry on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (clothes).
Mondays are towels and sheets day.
Wed, Fri and Sat- NO LAUNDRY!
Yes- I keep that schedule every week- keeps the laundry from getting to big.
Gotta love laundry!
I wish I could do anything around my house on a schedule! My recommendation: find a house keeper who also does laundry (ask yours, you never know). Ours does and it has changed my life and my mental attitude! Laundry is the thorn in my side and makes me in an even worse mood than cleaning my house!!! Mel
Post a Comment