Sunday evening when I was getting out of the shower, Ainsley said to me, "Mommy your stomach is so soft and fat. It looks like a baby is in there." She sees this as a compliment.
"That's from you and Hawthorne stretching it all out." I said, leaving out the part about the entire bags of Oreos I consumed during her infancy.
"Someday I'll get to have a soft squishy tummy too. And boobs. When do I get boobs? When did you get boobs?" she asks.
"Hmm." I say. "When I was pregnant," I joke.
"No, really, Mom"
"OK. I guess they started growing when I was 14 or so."
"Oh, good," she replies. "That means I'll get to have boobs and purple toenail polish at the same time."
I am so not ready for that day to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love it!! Emily asks me all the time if I have a baby in my tummy. Gotta laugh!
That is so cute!!!!!
My friend just told me her little girl said she looked like Barney when she got out of the shower....rather look prego!
Post a Comment