Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Spinning my wheels.
I have started at least three posts in the last week. Obviously, they never get finished. I have high hopes for this one. Here's the problem, I'm distracted. I can't focus. I flit from one thing to another. I start a post about shoes and then I remember that I want to organize my shoes (and subsequently do so) because I read that removing clutter from your life is a way to help you focus. But now I'm distracted by getting rid of the clutter. I was so proud of myself on Monday when I actually started and finished writing a brochure. How about that. Starting is a whole big deal all by itself, but finishing, that's reason for celebration. My celebration was to be a big ol' slacker today. Well, I moved a bunch of furniture so the carpets could be cleaned. Then, I cleaned out some clutter. I piddled at work, and was relieved when it was finally time to go get the kids from school (without them complaining that I came too early!). Then I came home, moved all the furniture back, got bummed b/c I think I liked all the rooms better w/o furniture, and then was relieved when Carter came home to bring me, I don't even know what, but something that made me feel better. I think I'm flitting because I'm bored. I could create challenges for myself (the beauty of being in charge of you own workload). I like the idea of challenges, and I usually enjoy them when I tackle them, but I seem to be lacking the creative juice. My work mojo is gone. Gone, gone. This has happened before. I wish I could remember how I got the mojo back. I'm thinking meetings with smart people, inspiring people. People who have enough mojo to share. I miss working on a team. I think best, create best, in that environment. If for no other reason than I get all irritated with people and that gets me fired up and busy. Ah, ha. I need to have a meeting with irritating people. The bottom line here seems to be that I just need to get out with the people. OK, that's going onto the calendar tomorrow. Along with clean out the hallway closet, update the juvenile justice web site, write a "capacity statement" for a grant proposal, recruit someone to prep a mailing list for a brochure, and set up a photo shoot. How far down that list do you think I'll make it. I'm gunning for it all. I'll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How about a little trip? Would love to see you....pretty sure I couldn't motivate you, but it would be FUN!!! Mel
You are too funny! Sure do miss you!
I felt that way last week...on the ball this week somehow.
Maybe your weekend get away will refresh you?????
I was going to get one of the famous lemon cakes yesterday...was going to tell you I was enjoying every bite....can't find it though (I have not looked in the fridge). Surley your mom is not bringing it to you....
Post a Comment