Today is my and Carter's 14th wedding anniversary. It has been an amazing 14 years. I really do consider myself one of the luckiest girls in the universe for nabbing him right out from under all the other girls at Southwestern. He's a catch! What were they thinking letting the new girl come in and steal him away?
We've had quite the adventures over the past 14 years. Lots of living it up in Austin; exploring the NW; freezing our buns off in the snow; adopting Seattle as our runner-up city; making it through pregnancy, c-sections, and infancy with two children; relocating to our Texas ranch house in Florida; falling in love with the Emerald Coast; settling in to our guess-we're-grown-ups-now home; carpooling and working within 50 yards of each other; and enjoying all the benefits of being true partners.
He's an amazing man, my Carter. My parents were fabulously relieved when they realized I had found some one to take care of me. And that he does. He also challenges me–to be the best me, to rise above the muck that I get stuck wallowing in. He summons my strengths, enabling me to be the wife and mom I want to be. And he does it all looking way too handsome for a husband who spends his days around 20-somethings (who keep reminding him how attractive he is with comments on his teaching evaluations!).
I so look forward to the years to come of raising children, traveling, getting lectures about money (yes, I'll get them, no I won't actually enjoy them, but I will appreciate someone else keeping track of the money), having him next to me each night, dragging him through the mall with me, sitting in the kitchen talking about whatever is on our minds, watching the Longhorns and Seminoles, getting him interested in the TV show dujour, riding the easy flow of day to day, and planning the future. The future always holds such great promise for us—and it never lets us down.
I found the love of my life when I was 20 years old. I managed to hold on to him, and I think I'll just keep him all wrapped up forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats! You guys are a great couple, and he is just as lucky to have found you so young!
Happy Day and love to both of you!
So why is it that you both have blogs that I can't get into?!
jenn
I do not have a blog...just an account b/c one of my friends makes me log on to view hers....but I am back on Facebook (though no blogging there by me either)!!!!
Post a Comment