Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Feeling my years.
So I'm 37 now. My back hurts, my knees creak, and the years in the sun are coming back to haunt me. Most of the women I find myself hanging out with are younger than me, which can be a little hard on the ego. But I'm happy where I am. I have friendships with history. I adore those people in my life--even if I have to do it with them all the way in Texas. I have new friendships with women who like to laugh. I have children at an age where they can do so much more on their own, and they revel in that. I have a husband who has known me since I was 20 and still likes me at 37. I have parents who are fantastic grandparents and are a part of my kids' lives. And I have a younger brother, who oh my god, is a cardiologist and has a fun wife and three great boys. Now, that makes me feel old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are fabulous....and will be sexy at 40!
Had a BLAST last weekend...give me dates for a trip to Florida!
The boys miss you and Austin is having Uno withdrawal....
You are a rock star sister-in-law!
Can you imagine being happier than you are at 37? I often think that...who cares that we are looking older! It sounds like you are so very happy and I wish I could see you more and share it all with you. Glad you had such a great birthday! Love you, Mel
Post a Comment