Yesterday Ainsley asked if we could go to the pool. "No sweetheart," I replied, "we're doing something even more fun. We're buying a new car!"
"But I really want to go swimming. I don't get to polish my toenails, and I if I can't do that I want to do something else fun, like swimming."
Then Hawthorne jumped in, "Going to get a car doesn't sound like fun. It's just buying something. It's not doing something."
Well, this one's for Mommy. No toenail polishing, no swimming, just car buying! We finally settled on an Acura TSX. I love it. It's black with "parchment" leather interior and blue dash lights. It actually talked to me this morning to tell me I had a call coming in on my cell phone. I was laughing too hard to answer it!
Now the toenail polish needs an explanation. Ainsley is SUCH a girly girl. She and I bond over toenail polish, nightgowns, dresses, and shoes. Last week she really wanted to polish her fingernails. I told her that light-colored polish is fine for her toes, but that she needs to be much older to polish her fingernails. (I now understand why my mom had that rule!) But Ains decided she didn't like that idea and secretly polished her fingernails in bright pink. Kind of hard to keep that a secret though. I had to bite my cheek to keep from laughing while I removed her fingernail polish and toenail polish. We're now in the second week of her two-week polish-free sentence. She has handled it well, and someday I'll even tell her how impressed I was with her polishing technique and how amazed I was that she didn't spill any.
And as for the kids and the car not being fun, we had to lure them out of it with chocolate treats last night because they were having so much fun sitting in it and looking at all the buttons. I suppose technically, that's actually doing something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YEAH! I love new cars!
My car was busted into and everything ripped out....crappy.
I am driving a Toyota Highlander- it is fun! If I did not need the room- I would down size in a heart beat!
Hear I get to see it soon????!!!!
That is so exciting...sounds like it is fun for kids, too! Got your package in the mail yesterday...little man hasn't opened it yet, but thanks! You make me look bad sending it in the same month as his birthday :-)
Post a Comment